Sunday 25 August 2019

Iceland, the most equal country in the world. (A place I'd like to visit)


The place I would like to visit the most in the world is Iceland. Iceland is a small island in the Atlantic Ocean, north of Europe. Despite its name, it is not as cold as you would imagine.
There are two reasons why I want to visit Iceland. First, I love the landscapes and I really want to see the northern lights; the most beautiful spectacle in the world. Second, and more importantly, equality. Gender equality in Iceland, even though not perfect, is the best in the world. For example, 80% of women are part of the workforce, whereas in Chile only 52% of women are working. This gets worse in politics. In Iceland, out of the 62 seats in parliament, women occupy 30, which is 48%. In Chile, only 15.5% of the parliament is occupied by women.
For those reasons, I think Iceland is an amazing place and I really want to visit it!

22 comments:

  1. Great!! I really wish to know this country, I believe that gender equality is so important and looking at that element is novel for a tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw in a tv show some landscapes of Iceland and they are very beautiful, but appears so cold to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I was looking some landscapes in internet and I'd very much like be in there watching a northern light and listening cold play songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard anything from Iceland
    Be lucky in your plans to visit this country teacher Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It look like a nice place. Maybe you need a sweater to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, iceland is a grat country to meet. I met him because Ilike Bjork and she is from there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iceland is my favorite country to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it would be really interesting to be able to visit this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I gree with you, i believe the netherland are nice

    ReplyDelete

  10. I would like to visit this country to see the northern lights too and make a painting of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great country, hopefully Chile will take it as an example

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I looks like Iceland is thirty years beyond us. Anyway, that could be a good reason to stay and work in Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After reading this, I hope to visit Iceland sometime in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iceland is an amazing country, it would be great if the rest of the world went the same way. But with leaders as stupid as Bolsonaro, Piñera or Trump, the future is uncertain and dark. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea about the things you talk about Iceland, I think that is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  16. Iceland seems to be beautiful place... I share opinions with Karim. When I think about that place I hear the music of Bjork in my head and I think that it should be an inspiring territory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems a very good place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you, Iceland seems great to visit. I would love to see the northern lights too, ideally listening Bjork's music.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! I would like to visit Iceland too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw a documentary about Iceland, is very interesting country for its history and landscapes..

    ReplyDelete